Things I miss:
Air conditioning
Hot showers
Continuous power (we have power cuts)
Things I do not miss (much):
My cell phone
Cows in fences (they just get to roam around here)
American food
It's hard to believe that I've already been here for five days. I will head off tonight to a bird sanctuary. I'll stay there for about five days, doing ecological surveys of the fish-eating birds there and taking soil and water samples. I'm really starting to get cabin fever-y, so it will be nice to have a change of scenery. So far, I've just been reading scientific journal articles on fish-eating birds and toxicology and learning some bird identification from my bird book.
The other night, one of the women decided that I needed to try on a sari. This is the traditional dress of Indian women. One's sari can say a lot: everything from whether or not one is married to where they come from. She put a gorgeous torquoise one on me, and then everyone wanted to take pictures. I'll load some of them on here as soon as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Pretty, pretty Nichole... Your time there sounds magical. We have got to do some Indian cooking when you get back!
Man... I'd kind of like to get away from air conditioning for a while. I prefer putting windows down and turning on box fans.
You're brave to go to India all by your lonesome. Good luck.
I'm jealous about the spicy Indian food. Mmm... It sounds delicious.
Post a Comment